AriZona is America’s number one seller of iced tea. But that was before I came into town.
This is my house now.
4 ingredients. You control the amount of sugar. None of that artificial stuff.
Now all you need is a porch and a pup to sit at your feet. And maybe a mason jar if you’re feeling rustic.
Lemonade Iced Tea
- 9 cups of water
- anywhere from 3/4 to 1 cup of sweetener-I used Sugar in the Raw (which is just cane sugar) but white sugar, Stevia, honey, or any sweetener would work.
- I advise avoiding manmade zero calorie sweeteners-the real thing is better than that fake stuff any day. (Think a real cookie versus a plastic toy cookie: which one do you think is better?)
- 3/4 cup lemon juice-I used the juice of 5 lemons
- 8 bags of black tea
- Boil the 8 cups of water. Once it reaches a boil, stir in desired amount of sugar-it may need to be adjusted based on your taste later.
- Once the sugar is completely dissolved, pour into a pitcher. Add tea bags and allow to steep for 3-5 minutes.
- Remove the tea bags and stir in the freshly squeezed lemon juice (Tip: roll your lemons before squeezing them to get as much juice as possible out of them.) Place in the fridge to chill.
- Serve chilled over ice with lemon discs to show off to your friends just how fancy and aesthetic you can be.
Now go sip some tea.