Take a deep sniff.
You smell that? That’s the smell of desperate sweaty kids crying through finals to get to summer vacation. Along with the vague smell of suntan lotion and freshly mowed grass. These various smells are the signs or summer, more importantly known as watermelon season, approaching.
Watermelon is in my top three favorite fruits.
It’s like mouthwash for your entire body! It’s like jumping into a pool, but instead of your body feeling refreshed its your digestive system! It’s very refreshing. It’s also a good place to stock up your daily water intake. My mom told me that Target sold slushies so that parents could get their kid to shut up while they shopped. I sadly never got a slushie, my mom would just tell me to be quiet. Some typical flavors of slushie include blue raspberry (not real), coke (still not real) and whatever flavor green is. This slushie is 100% real and it only has 3 ingredients. And you don’t need a fancy slushie machine. This would be best at the peak of watermelon season, but… I don’t have much patience.
makes 1 serving
- about 3 cups of frozen cubed watermelon
- at least 2 tbsp of sparkling water (the amount you use depends on how good your blender is-start with 2 tbsp and work your way up until you get your desired consistency)
- the juice from half a lemon
- if your slushie is not sweet enough for you, you can add 1 tbsp of sugar
- Freeze some cubes of watermelon overnight. If you don’t have any frozen watermelon, you can use a cup of ice. I just like to use frozen watermelon so that my drink doesn’t get watered down.
- Add the watermelon, seltzer water, and lemon juice to the blender. Start off with 2 tbsp of sparkling water and increase if necessary. I ended up having to use 1/4 a cup of sparkling water to get the consistency I wanted.
- Mix in sugar if desired, and serve immediately!